1. I’ve been having fun illustrating with my new Wacom Intuos4 Wireless Tablet. Here’s a little something I did to try out my Autodesk Sketchbook program (it came as a free download when I got my tablet).
I like Autodesk Sketchbook, but I like ArtRage Pro better (though I had to pay for it).
Any illustrators out there who have an illustrating program they prefer to use?
I also have Corel Painter Sketch Pad and a trial of OpenCanvas, but I’m new to this whole computer illustration thing and have found ArtRage Pro and Autodesk Sketchbook to be the most user friendly (cause I’m lame—I mentioned that, right?). Still, it’s been nice to have another creative outlet since I missed ceramics class for the last two weeks.
2. I’ve resisted temptation to play with the tablet today and did a bit of work on my middle grade novel instead (it was HARD to resist the call of the tablet). When I’m done with this post, I’ll continue to resist the tablet temptation and go back to writing. I’m not sure I’ll keep working on the MG though. I have a new picture book idea that’s been bouncing around in my head and I may work on that instead.
3. We had a quiz in History 102 on Tuesday night. Last night we got the results (the class is two nights a week—Tue and Thur). I passed, but only because the teacher threw out some of the questions we all got wrong (they were kind of tricky and she felt bad that no one got them right). After that quiz, I’m even more nervous about the History 105 quiz I took on Monday. I still don’t know my score for that one (had a fever brain that night)—and since Monday is President’s Day, I won’t know for a week after that!!! Since it’s the same teacher as my History 102 class, I’m hoping she’ll be lenient in 105 too!
4. Since there’s no classes on Monday, I won’t be able to go to ceramics AGAIN! That’s three weeks in a row. *frown* That means I’ll probably have to take some time next week to play around with the tablet more. *grin*
5. Valentine’s Day was okay. It started out rough, the two sick kids from Monday were still sick and had to stay home. Thank goodness their teachers said they could come back at the end of the day to join in the Valentine’s Day celebrations in class or they might have recreated the St. Valentine’s Day massacre at my house! Hubby gave me a card and some Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates (my favorite). We think alike because I got him the same thing (he loves those chocolates too). We had a good laugh about that. I did have class on Tuesday night and the above mentioned quiz, but after class ended at around 8:00, hubby took me out to dinner. It was Y-U-M-M-Y!!
May your weekend be all you want it to be!